Lee Health is a non-profit organization with more than 14,000 employees, 4,500 volunteers, and more than 750 employed primary care and specialty care providers with nearly 90 practice locations throughout Southwest Florida. The organization has four acute care hospitals and two specialty hospitals that together house 1,812 hospital beds.
Lee Physician Group (LPG) - Lee Neuroscience Institute is seeking a full-time Ph.D. or PsyD from an APA-accredited graduate program to join our dynamic multidisciplinary team. The candidate for this position must have completed an APA-accredited internship in clinical psychology or neuropsychology and had a 2-year post-doctoral fellowship in neuropsychology or the equivalent of 2 years (full-time) post-doctoral experience in Clinical Neuropsychology. Applicant must hold a current Florida license or be eligible for licensure. Primary duties will involve providing Neuropsychological assessment services for the Neurology Clinic and Lee Memory Care. This is a full-time position (M-F) with no on-call responsibility. This position is primarily outpatient, and the providers utilize EPIC for their electronic medical records.
Key features of this position include:
- Working with a diverse adult patient population (including those with memory disorders, stroke, movement disorder, brain injury, tumor, epilepsy, chronic medical conditions, and other psychological and neurological disorders)
- Emphasis on the expansion of services to non-geriatric adult patients; with a background in dementia/memory care
- Assessment, diagnosis, interpretation, & prompt production of reports. Solid time-management and report-writing skills (using an EHR) to allow for quick report turnaround in a high-volume clinic
- Feedback sessions & education with patients and families; excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Supported by a 1:1 psychometrist; with the capacity to test patients in the event that the psychometrist is unavailable
- Patient-focused, motivated, collaborative, and flexible mindset; with a team-oriented approach
- Offers a competitive salary
- Paid time off for an excellent work/life balance
- Malpractice through articles of sovereign immunity
- 403(b) retirement plan with match
- Short term/long term disability
In Fort Myers, there is something for everyone. With warm weather all year round, the area has numerous outdoor activities right at your fingertips, such as boating, playing golf, fishing, enjoying the wildlife, beautiful walking trails, and so much more! Fort Myers also has numerous restaurants, plenty of shopping close by in our malls and outlets, art, history, and a wide variety of festivals all year round.
Fort Myers International Airport is easy to get to, easy to use and offers numerous direct flights and connections to meet all of your travel needs. Those in this area can also enjoy the Key West Express, which allows for a 3-hour boat ride down to Key West! Fort Myers is minutes away from Sanibel Island, Captiva, and Naples. This area is centrally located between three of Florida's major cities, Orlando, Tampa, and Miami.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please e-mail your CV to our Physician Recruitment Office at email@example.com.