The PhD Neuropsychologist/Psychologist position is under general supervision. This person provides Neuropsychological Evaluations and Pain Psychological Evaluations assessments of adult patients primarily in a Workman's Compensation setting. This person will also provide behavioral therapy/counseling interventions.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Evaluate and diagnose emotional and cognitive disorders in adult patients.
2. Observes patients in various situations; selects, administers, and interprets intelligence, personality, or other psychological tests to diagnose disorders and formulate plans of treatment, and provides consultation to other mental health professionals with regard to test results.
3. Treats psychological disorders to effect improved adjustments utilizing various psychological techniques; selects appropriate treatment approach and plans frequency, intensity, and duration of therapy.
4. Assesses patient progress and modifies treatment programs accordingly.
5. Documents therapy in accordance with policies and procedures regarding medical records; implements and adheres to policies which ensure patient confidentiality.
6. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Doctorate degree in Psychology/Neuropsychology, and completion of Pre-doctoral Clinical Internship; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Licensure in State of CO as a Licensed Psychologist, or eligibility for CO licensure, as documented by out-of-state licensure.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Ability to effectively communicate medical information, test results, diagnoses and/or proposed treatment in a manner easily understood by the client.
- Ability to evaluate the progress of therapeutic programs and to make individual modifications.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to assess mental status in clients and to develop individual treatment goals and plans.
- Knowledge of psychological and neuropsychological test administration, scoring, and interpretation.
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records.
Position requires: a) professional diagnosis and evaluation of nature and severity of cognitive and emotional disorders in individual patients; b) administration, assessment, and interpretation of various psychological and neuropsychological tests and assessments; c) formulation, implementation, and evaluation of a range of psychological therapeutic treatment plans; d) establishment and maintenance of patient medical records in accordance with regulations, policies, and established practices.
Conditions of Employment
- May be subject to credentialing process; must maintain credentialed status, if applicable.
- Must maintain certification status.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- No or very limited physical effort - Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.