Position Title: MIRECC Neuropsychology/Geropsychology Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship at the San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Position Description: This Post-Doctoral Fellowship emphasizes the development of specific skills for conducting research related to cognitive dysfunction in Major Depressive Disorder and neurodegenerative diseases of aging in older adults (e.g. Alzheimer's disease, cerebrovascular disease). The research training focuses on the evaluation of cognitive dysfunction, accelerated cognitive decline, and structural brain abnormalities associated with late life depression and/or neurodegenerative disease. The core faculty member for this fellowship is a Neuropsychologist. Fellows will devote 75% time to research and up to 25% for clinical, educational, and administrative activities. In collaboration with their mentor, fellows will develop and implement a research project, present their findings at meetings, and publish their work. Clinical training focuses on neuropsychological assessment in a veteran population. For more information please contact Dr. Scott Mackin (Scott.Mackin@ucsf.edu).
The research fellowships are full-time, two-year, 52 week commitments (2080 hours per year) beginning either August or September 2022.
Stipend and Benefits
The current stipend is $55,656 for the first year. VA offers individual and family health insurance plans for fellows on a matching basis.
Candidates MUST be US citizens and graduates of APA-accredited doctoral programs in clinical or counseling psychology and MUST have completed an APA-accredited internship.
To apply, please submit application materials listed below to the following email address: Scott.Mackin@ucsf.edu.
1. Letter of interest, clearly indicating which fellowship to which you are applying (Neuropsychology/Geropsychology/Dr. Mackin)
2. Current Curriculum Vitae
3. Three letters of Recommendation
4. A letter of support from your Dissertation chairperson describing your dissertation status and timeline if you have not completed your graduate degree.
5. A letter of support from your current Internship Training Director indicating that you are in good standing to successfully complete your predoctoral internship, including the expected completion date.
6. After all application materials are emailed to please send an email confirmation of completed application to Dr. Scott Mackin at Scott.Mackin@ucsf.edu
Application Deadline Date: December 10, 2021. Applications submitted after that date may be considered until the position is filled.