The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Washington, DC, is seeking exceptional applicants for an open rank faculty position in our APA-accredited Clinical Psychology doctoral (Psy.D.) program.
Successful candidates will join a diverse and cohesive faculty of outstanding practitioner-scholars. Applicants must have a commitment to graduate instruction, training effective clinicians, supervising student research, academic advisement, and involvement in professional and scholarly activity. Area of specialty remains open, however, special consideration will be been to those with expertise/ability to teach in one or more of the following areas: neuropsychology, child and family psychology, biological bases of behavior, cognitive and affective processes, psychopharmacology, and social psychology. Candidates with doctoral degrees outside of clinical psychology will be considered. Those with clinical psychology degrees must have graduated from an APA-accredited program and be licensed or license-eligible. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
The campus is located in downtown Washington, DC, and is in close proximity to numerous cultural and recreational opportunities. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Clinical Psychology Psy.D. Program (APA Accredited) at our Washington, DC Campus is seeking a highly qualified Department Faculty member, who typifies our practitioner-scholar model of education.
- Teach doctoral-level clinical psychology courses to students in the Clinical PsyD. Program
- Provide ongoing academic advising, chair dissertations, and assist with admissions
- Serve on departmental, campus, and institutional committees
- Maintain active scholarship, broadly defined, and engage students in these activities
- Integrate technology into classroom instruction
- Mentor a diverse student body on issues pertaining to academic, clinical, professional, and scholarship development
- Doctoral degree in clinical psychology or related discipline
- For those with clinical psychology degrees, graduation from an APA-accredited institution, licensed or plan to become licensed within a year
- Strong commitment to academic excellence, community service, diversity and social justice.
Area of specialty remains open, however, special consideration will be been to those with expertise/ability to teach in one or more of the following areas: humanistic/existential psychotherapy, psychodynamic psychotherapy, neuropsychology, child and family psychology, biological bases of behavior, cognitive and affective processes, psychopharmacology, and social psychology.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Competitive salary is based on experience.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org.