Direct Reports: None
Reports to: CEO
Location: The Villages, FL
Aviv Clinic is engaged in the treatment of age related cognitive and physical decline using cutting edge techniques that have the potential to redefine treatment for the aging process. Clients undergo comprehensive medical assessments including physiological and neuropsychological disciplines and are subsequently treated using evidence based unique hyperbaric medicine protocols. Teammates will have the opportunity to bring this treatment to clients in the United States for the first time in partnership with world class researchers and physicians.
Treatments hired at this first location will help to shape the future of the company in the US and possibly around the world and will be involved in creating and honing best practices, as well as eventually training teammates for future worldwide locations. This is an opportunity to be among the first teammates in a startup with research backed medical science.
The neuropsychologist is responsible for producing baseline pre- and post-treatment evaluations of clients' cognitive improvement.
- Works in collaboration with a multidisciplinary medical team to provide white glove healthcare services to an exclusive clientele.
- Responsible for the implementation of a high standard cognitive assessment protocol (computerized base), as defined at Aviv Scientific headquarters.
- Conducts thorough neuropsychological intake and assessments and at staged intervals during client treatments.
- Writes or prepares detailed neuropsychological reports using data from psychological or neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct observations, and/or interviews.
- Coordinates research and is responsible for the collection of assessment and training protocols data; writes monthly reports summarizing the results.
- Supervises cognitive assessment protocols.
- Conducts cognitive rehabilitation sessions.
- Conducts cognitive assessment protocols with computerized tools.
- Observes and reports clients' test-taking behaviors.
- Participates in educational programs, in-service training, or workshops to remain current in methods and techniques.
- Responsible for technical support and professional support to clients practicing in the 'cognitive gym' (i.e., 'virtual reality', 'neurofeedback', and 'computerized cognitive training').
- Responsible for technical support and professional support to clients practicing cognitive software while receiving treatments inside the hyperbaric oxygen chamber.
- Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of this role.
- May perform other duties/tasks as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Clinical Neuropsychologist (PhD/PsyD) from an APA-accredited clinical psychology program, with completion of APA accredited internship.
- Two years of postdoctoral training consistent with Houston conferenced guidelines.
- Licensed or licensed eligible in the state of Florida.
- Five to seven years' experience preferably in clinical neuropsychology with a specialization in disease, illness, or injury related to CNS dysfunction in the adult and geriatric population.
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team
Required Skills & Knowledge:
-Treatment knowledge and experience in indications such as TBI, MCI, PTSD
-Proficient in Neuropsychological Assessment including age related decline and age-related pathologies.
-experience in Neurocognitive Rehabilitation is an advantage (i.e., with computerized cognitive training programs/VR).
-Knowledge if VR assessments is an advantage.
Client Service Expectations
- Demonstrate the ability to interact, and be courteous with clients, team members, and vendors in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate quality work in all facets of job role responsibilities to effectively produce positive client outcomes.
- Demonstrate compassion for the care of the client.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to client questions/ inquiries/ concerns promptly.
- Demonstrate the ability to connect with clients, team members and vendors.
- Maintain consistency in client relations and exceeds in clients' expectations to provide five diamond service.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, or religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
Working Environment/ Conditions/ Physical Demands:
Language & Communication Skills: Ability to read and write English and write English, analyze and interpret documents, such as marketing plans and sales analysis data reports. Ability to write routine correspondence and routine reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from prospective clints or employees of the organization and the general public.
Physical demands: The position requires normal visual acuity, sight, ability to speak clearly, manual dexterity, hearing, color perception, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
This position frequently moves around/about to access information needed to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or hold objects, use a writing instrument, or use of a keyboard to record/type information and use of a telephone to listen and speak.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, bend, and smell if conditions are unsanitary or biohazardous.
Must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds but may be requested to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds occasionally. The physical demands here are representative of those met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Basic mathematical skills; adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the general public through multiple means of communication.
Physical capability to use and operate office related equipment, such as, but not limited to, computer, calculator, copier, printer, scanner, and fax machine.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to medium.
All essential job functions are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other team members. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Team members will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with the Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains an "at-will" employer.
Aviv Clinics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a Drug-Free & Smoke-Free workplace
To Apply Please Contact: Pam Uriarte
email@example.com or call 407-632-4401