QLI is set upon a beautiful 65-acre campus, where we have grown to become one of the largest and most recognized Centers of Excellence for post-hospital brain and spinal cord injury rehabilitation programs in the United States. In just over 30 years, our commitment to excellence and exceptional outcomes has drawn thousands of families to Omaha, NE, from across-the-country and beyond to participate in QLI’s unique, effective Tri-Dimensional Rehabilitation Program.
Our rehabilitation programs address not only the core medical and physical aspects of a person’s recovery, but also the real-world skills and individualized interests that bring purpose and passion to their lives. It is the application of psychology across the continuum of rehabilitation disciplines to provide a whole-person, individualized treatment process. This capitalizes a patient’s motivations and sense of identity into the real-world training that distinguishes our program from an “off-the-shelf” manualized approach. We don’t treat a diagnosis; we provide a collaborative treatment experience to a person, integrating their passions and life demands into their unique rehabilitation program. We meet people where they are. We see their potential and are dedicated to protecting dignity and instilling purpose along their journey.
This process involves a dedicated team of creative disciplines and professionals, all collaboratively working to achieve program goals. Given the nature of the neurological insults that result in referrals to QLI, the expertise of a clinical neuropsychologist are valued in terms of quantifying the factors that can influence treatment design, and assists the treatment team in identifying foci of clinical concern.
Join Team QLI:
The psychology team at QLI is a collegial group of dedicated professionals, each of whom bring a different set of skills to the organization. Given the population served at QLI, the neuropsychologist’s role is a critical clinical resource and support that brings a level of expertise and knowledge that is especially valued. With ongoing advances in rehabilitation, this position provides lifelong learning opportunities in a supportive and collaborative clinical environment. You will work with colleagues taking an active role with life-changing research projects. Each of our psychology staff are an integral part of our larger interdisciplinary rehabilitation team and actively contribute to daily recovery programs for our residents/clients. The neuropsychologist is involved in teaching and training of pre-doctoral interns (through QLI’s involvement as a site within the Nebraska Internship Consortium in Professional Psychology; the largest internship consortium in the country). Extensive opportunity is present for collaborative teaching and training with QLI clinical and residential staff, new staff orientation, and outside presentation opportunities. QLI also has a full-time doctoral-level research director, who is a member of the psychology department, providing for in-house research involvement, or collaboration with outside agencies. Involvement within QLI’s leadership is an opportunity for growth for the right candidate as well. QLI basically provides an ideal clinical “sandbox” where your involvement is limited only by your interests and engagement.
What an ideal candidate will bring:
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities / Responsibilities:
1. Provide clinical expertise and consultation for a population of diagnostic groups comprised of individuals with acquired brain injury, stroke, spinal cord injury, and other neurological conditions.
2. Conduct and supervise neuropsychological evaluations for inpatient clients.
3. Perform occasional outpatient evaluations.
4. Provide supportive education and therapy services as a member of and in conjunction with the psychology department team.
5. Adhere to legal, professional, and ethical codes with respect to privacy and confidentiality.
6. Exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with teams at all levels of the organization and relate to individuals of varying backgrounds.
7. Demonstrate a high degree of organization and attention to detail.
8. Demonstrate a strong interest in collaborative teamwork and research with a high degree of effective interpersonal communication and leadership abilities.
9. Provide ongoing training to pre-doctoral intern(s) through QLI’s involvement with the Nebraska Internship Consortium in Professional Psychology.
Education / Certifications:
1. Doctoral degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) from an APA-accredited program (required)
2. Current and unencumbered license in the State of NE or eligible to obtain within 6 months of hire (required)
Schedule: This is primarily a Monday through Friday, 8am • 5pm full-time position, with no formal on-call designated times. QLI Psychology staff remain available to fellow team members to respond to questions and situations that are unique to the discipline-specific strengths the candidate brings to this position. Our team strives to be a resource and support to our entire organization.
Location: This position is on-site in Omaha, NE.
- All team members are required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. If needed, we will provide vaccination at QLI, free of charge.
- Annual flu vaccine is required. If needed, we will provide vaccination at QLI, free of charge.
Excellent Benefits and Advantages:
- One of the best health & dental insurance plans in Omaha
- HSA or FSA and dependent care
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday pay
- 401(k) with generous employer contribution
- Free on-site wellness center
- Merit-based pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid CEU’s and licensure reimbursement
- Casual dress (no scrubs or uniforms)
- Website to Apply: https://teamqli.com/careers
What Omaha Offers: Simply put, Omaha is an amazing place to live! We consistently rank high for a quality of life and low cost of living. Visit the rankings to learn where Omaha stands in over 30 different categories involving economics, quality of life and cost of living. We offer a diverse work industry with steady economic growth. Omaha also boasts strong educational districts throughout the city as well as a variety of things-to-do that speak to many interests. Some things might include: the world-renowned Henry Doorly Zoo, several trails and parks, Children’s Museum, College World Series, Lauritzen Gardens, Durham Museum, Joslyn Museum, Creighton University, UNO, golf courses, and many more! Check us out--we can’t wait for you to fall in love with Omaha and QLI!
QLI is an EOE. A drug screen and criminal background check are required. Must not have any condition or limitation that could pose a direct threat to self or others unless such threat can be eliminated by a reasonable accommodation. Must be able to pass a fitness assessment designated for this job title and perform all physical activities related to the position. Regular attendance in your assigned role is an essential job function.