Carolinas Rehabilitation - Neuropsychologist
If it's possible, you will find it at Atrium Health-the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite Neuropsychologists to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our Neuropsychology team at Carolinas Rehabilitation in Concord, NC
Carolinas Rehabilitation Northeast - Concord is seeking a full-time Neuropsychologist to provide neuropsychology services to clients. The qualified psychologist will work closely with other disciplines and specialties within the department and facility, as well as with patients and families to assure a cohesive approach to patient care.
- Performs neuropsychological evaluations, appropriate to each patient, which focus primarily upon the organic aspects of brain function, but which also consider other etiological factors, which may affect patient's functional abilities.
- Maintains responsibility for test selection, scoring, and interpretation and understands the limitations of and correctly applies the norms of each test used.
- Utilizes psychometrics for the administration and scoring of tests as appropriate and ensures the accuracy of that administration and scoring through the review and supervision of those team members.
- Prepares reports from the evaluation data, integrating relevant historical and other diagnostic information, with written reports including appropriate diagnoses and treatment recommendations.
- Trains professional team members involved in the care of the patient about appropriate observational methods and behavior management techniques, and appropriate supportive roles in the patient's neuropsychological treatment.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology including a full time 1-year pre-doctoral internship required. Completion of a full-time two-year post-doctoral fellowship with training in neuropsychology required.
- Current valid license to practice psychology in the state of NC required.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing-for all.