The National Academy of Neuropsychology (NAN) is accepting applications for the NAN Leadership Ambassador Development (LEAD) Program, an exciting professional advancement curriculum, now in its second year. This program is open to early career Professional members of NAN and Post-Doctoral Resident members who will be eligible for Professional membership in NAN by the completion of the program.
The program includes:
- A series of seven webinars with neuropsychology leaders (12:00-1:00 EST 2019: 9/6, 10/4, 11/1, 12/6; 2020: 1/24, 3/6, 5/1).
- Curriculum involving leadership styles, communication skills, practical aspects of leading a committee, how to navigate leadership dilemmas, and advocacy for the profession.
- Opportunities to hear from past NAN presidents, as well as a corporate leadership trainer.
Participants will be expected to implement their new learning through their roles as ambassadors. This position involves increasing engagement of NAN’s membership through dissemination and other communication about NAN’s many programs (e.g., grants, awards, education, service, etc.).
The Potential Benefits of Serving as a NAN Ambassador include:
- Opportunity to learn about NAN organization and the various committees
- Preparation to hold a potential committee and/or chair position within NAN
- Receive leadership training that can be used in other leadership positions
- Networking opportunities
- Recognition among other neuropsychology leaders
Interested candidates should provide a letter of interest with a CV submitted by email to email@example.com by June 14, 2019 with the subject line NAN Leadership Ambassador Development (LEAD) Program. Notifications will be made August 1.
We look forward to hearing about your interest in leadership and NAN involvement.