Neuropsychology Opportunity in Greenville, NC
ECU Health Physicians, located in Greenville, NC, is seeking a board eligible / board certified clinical neuropsychologist, with expertise in adult outpatient neurodiagnostic evaluation, to join the psychiatry and behavioral medicine service line. ECU Health is a 9 hospital system serving 29 eastern NC counties and 1.4 million people. Greenville (population 90,000+) is located 80 miles west of the beautiful North Carolina coastline and 80 miles east of Raleigh.
Candidates should hold a doctoral degree from a Psychology graduate program accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) or Canadian Psychological Association (CPA), and will have completed an APA/CPA accredited internship. Two years of postdoctoral training consistent with Houston conference guidelines is also required. The successful candidate will be eligible for licensure in North Carolina and will either have or obtain specialty board certification in clinical neuropsychology from the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) within 3 years of starting this position.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians
- Position available due to programmatic expansion
- Outpatient focused position within the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine at East Carolina University's Brody School of Medicine
- Clinical responsibilities will include the full range of Neuropsychological services including neuropsychological testing and interpretation, as well as pre-surgical evaluations for patients who are candidates for both epilepsy surgery and deep brain stimulation.
- Growing Behavioral Medicine Division, in an academic setting, which currently has 11 team members encompassing the specialties of health psychology, neuropsychology, and clinical social work
- Academic responsibilities include teaching/training of residents or other learners, as well as service activities in the department, as assigned/chosen.
- Large referral network including over 180 ECU Health practices and 9 ECU Health owned hospitals
- ECU Health Medical Center is home to a 52- bed Inpatient Psychiatry unit and a 24-bed NSICU led by Neurointensivists as well as a large rehab center providing both inpatient and outpatient support to patients
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 185 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 110 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children's Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research. www.ecuhealth.org
ECU Health Physicians includes an academic practice model (ECU employment) and a community practice model (health system employment). There is shared leadership and shared services to support the overall group and to ensure alignment for clinical care, research, education and strategy.
This innovative structure creates opportunities within ECU Health Physicians ranging from acute to ambulatory, academic practice to community practice, regional to rural, and everything in between.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. , Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play! Find Yourself in Good Company!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville's revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Ashley Rudolph at (252)558-3763 or Ashley.Rudolph@ecuhealth.org.
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant's qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.