Benefits of Membership
- Complimentary electronic subscription to the Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology (a $350 value)
- Up to 40% discount on DistanCE online learning opportunities (one course could save $300)
- Reduced registration rates for Conferences (up to $150 savings)
- Access to NeuroNetwork, NAN's online community dedicated to member conversations and interactions
- Exclusive access to professional resources including continuous updates on CPT Codes, CMS requirements, HIPPA, insurance primers, sample letters and forms for use in private practice settings, and handouts and brochures for patients and physicians
- Eligibility for Fellow membership status in recognition of professional members who have contributed significantly to the science and/or profession of neuropsychology
- Volunteer opportunities to help shape the field of neuropsychology while networking with your colleagues and acquiring new business contacts
- Advocacy on behalf of clinical neuropsychology and consumers of neuropsychological services
A Professional member shall have completed appropriate training in the assessment and/or remediation of neuropsychological conditions and hold a doctoral degree in psychology or a related discipline from an accredited university. International members are also eligible for Professional membership if a significant proportion of their training and professional activities are devoted to neuropsychology or related fields, and they possess the qualifications (degrees or certifications) consonant with their country’s professional standards enabling them to independently practice neuropsychology. Professional members shall have worked in a setting where such knowledge is applied for a minimum of two years after obtaining their doctoral degree. Professional members shall have full voting privileges, hold elected office, and be members of committees.
Associate membership shall be open to individuals whose training and experience precludes them from other levels of membership. This may include, but is not limited to, master’s level clinicians, psychometrists, social workers, nurses, physicians, and psychologists not practicing neuropsychology. Associate members do not have voting privileges, may not hold office, but may be members of committees.
Trainee membership is available for up to five years for individuals attending programs leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited university, as well as those who are completing internship or post-doctoral supervision/studies. If the training period exceeds the 5-year limit for the Trainee level of membership, written request for extension and verification of status may be made to the Membership Committee. Once a member completes his/her training and becomes an independently practicing professional, his/her membership should be upgraded to either Associate or Professional membership. Trainee members do not have voting privileges, may not hold elected office, but may be members of committees.
Annual Fee Schedule
Application fee and annual dues for Professional and Associate Membership.......$150
Application fee and annual dues for Trainee Membership.......$60
If accepted for membership, the non-refundable fee is applied to the first year membership dues. Membership dues are billed on a calendar year (January - December) and is not based on initial join date.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit:
The membership upgrade procedure requires that you submit the following:
When these materials are received, your request will be processed by the Membership Committee and you will be notified as soon as possible of the decision regarding your request. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the NAN Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.