NAN 2023 Call for Submission FAQ
1. What if I submitted a Traditional Poster Presentation and am not able to attend in-person?
Traditional poster presenters or a co-author will be obligated to register for NAN 2023 and attend NAN 2023 for their research to be displayed onsite at the conference.
2. Will there be ePosters at NAN2023?
Only traditional posters are being offered for NAN 2023.
3. I am a NAN trainee member and presenting a poster or paper - how do I register for free?
Your poster or paper acceptance notification will have a code for you (first author) to register for the meeting if you are a current trainee member.
4. How do I log into the submission site?
NAN Account Holders: please click on the Login button
. This will direct you to the NAN website where you will be asked to login using your username and password. Don't know your username or password? Click on Forgot my password or my username link on the NAN website to have it emailed to you.
Users Without a NAN Account: please click on the Create an Account button. This will direct you to the NAN website where you will be asked to create a NAN account. Once your account is created, please return to the abstract submission site and login using the instructions above for NAN Account Holders.
5. Hispanic Neuropsychological Society (HNS) Traditional Poster Submission
• I am looking to submit my poster presentation for the HNS meeting?
Please use the same submission portal
to login or create a NAN account. Once you have logged into the submission site you will see HNS poster submission listed as one of your submission options.
• Can I submit my poster to both NAN and HNS?
No, you can only submit your poster to one of the organizations – all posters will be displayed at NAN 2023.
• My HNS credentials are not recognized?
You will need to have a NAN account to login to the submission site.
*HNS poster presenters will be required to register and attend the HNS meeting on Saturday, October 28, 2023.
6. I've forgotten my password, what do I do?
Click on Forgot my password or my username link on the NAN website to have it emailed to you.
7. How do I submit an abstract?
An abstract consists of multiple pieces: title, submission type, topic, abstract content, award eligibility, and authors. Step-by-step instructions can be found here. Detailed requirements for each submission type are available here to assist you in gathering information for your abstract.
8. Can I edit abstracts at a later date?
Yes, you can edit abstracts at a later date, however, the last day of submissions is the deadline for modifications and the system will not permit changes past that day.
9. Is there a limit on the number of abstracts I can submit?
No, there is no limit on the number of abstracts you can submit. You may submit up to three (3) poster abstracts as first author, but there is no limit to the number of abstracts you may submit as a secondary author.
10. Is there a limit on the number of authors I can associate to an abstract?
No, there is no limit on the number of authors you can add or associate to an abstract.
11. How will I find out if my abstract has been accepted or declined?
After the reviewer evaluation period, notices will go out to the contact people of both accepted and declined abstracts. You will be notified at the email address you have specified during the submission process in June 2023.
12. Can an abstract under consideration for presentation at another meeting be submitted for presentation at NAN 2023?
Abstracts submitted for presentation at any other national meeting may be submitted for presentation at NAN. If the work submitted is accepted for presentation at another national meeting, the abstract must first be presented at NAN. Material may not be submitted to NAN that was previously presented at any other national meetings.
13. Can I submit work that was already published?
Updates or follow-ups of previously published or presented work are acceptable for submission.