Penn State Health Department of Neurology is seeking an Adult Clinical Neuropsychologist
Join our Section of Clinical Neuropsychology as a faculty member in the Department of Neurology at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center! We are committed to excellence and innovation in clinical care, teaching, and research.
- The successful candidate will participate in the Department's missions of patient care, teaching and research within the Section of Clinical Neuropsychology.
- The Department of Neurology currently has a faculty of 34 neurologists, 2 PhD neuropsychologists, 2 psychometrists, 4 PhD researchers and 16 APPs. All of our faculty participate in teaching and many are involved in research.
- The successful candidate will join established outpatient diagnostic, management and rehabilitation clinics in neuropsychology and develop a strong foundation of independent and programmatic neuropsychology research.
- There are opportunities for collaborative research with the Divisions of Epilepsy (including the surgical epilepsy program), Movement Disorders (particularly Parkinson's disease), Neuroimmunology, Stroke & Cerebrovascular Disease, General Neurology and Neuromuscular Medicine (including the ALS program). The General Neurology Division includes cognitive and general neurologists who see patients with a range of cognitive disorders, including neurodegenerative diseases and post-concussive illnesses.
- Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and the affiliated Penn State College of Medicine provide comprehensive resources through the Penn State Neuroscience Institute, Center for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Research, Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute, and Clinical Trials Office to support clinical and translational programmatic research.
- There are opportunities for teaching residents, medical students, graduate students and psychology interns.
Interested applicants, please apply here and send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- A Ph.D. or Psy.D. from an APA approved program
- A formal two-year postdoctoral fellowship in Neuropsychology
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania
- ABPP board certification or board eligibility in Clinical Neuropsychology.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign on bonus and relocation assistance,
- CME time and funds,
- LTD and Life insurance, and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
Known for the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey, PA, is rich in history and offers a diverse culture. Our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Outdoor and sporting activities are numerous. We are home to the Hershey Bears hockey team and the Harrisburg Senators baseball team. The Susquehanna River, various ski slopes and the Appalachian Trail are in our backyard, offering many outdoor activities for all seasons.
We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. We're proud of our community involvement and encourage you to learn more about our organization.
About Penn State Health:
Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 16,500 people systemwide.
The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Children's Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa. and Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; and more than 2,300 physicians and direct care providers at more than 125 medical office locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute.
In December 2017, Penn State Health partnered with Highmark Health to facilitate creation of a value-based, community care network in the region.
Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University's medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, Pa., the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than $100 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions, neuroscience and biomedical research.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be construed as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressed through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.