Based in Madera, CA, and ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best children's hospitals in the country in seven pediatric specialties and recently named again, one of the Nation's top children's Hospitals by The Leapfrog Group, Valley Children's has been open for nearly 70 years. It has grown from a 42-bed hospital to one of the largest pediatric healthcare networks in the Country. With hospitals and clinics located from Sacramento to San Luis Obispo, you are sure to find an opportunity that fits your lifestyle. Valley Children's maintains a family-like atmosphere to more than 3,000 employees and recognizes that employees play an important role in the success of the entire organization, so employees and their families are rewarded with robust benefits.
Position Details and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for providing general and specialized neuropsychological services to patients and families, including assessment of the relationship between brain function and behavior in collaboration with the healthcare team and others in the community
- Clinical responsibilities include primarily outpatient neuropsychological evaluations of infants, children, adolescents to young adults with known or suspected cognitive or neurological dysfunction, who have a variety of medical conditions affecting brain functioning and neurodevelopment, with a potential for some cross-coverage with our inpatient specialists on the various hospital units
- Familiarity with the following populations is preferred: Traumatic Brain Injury/Acquired Brain Injury, Neurosurgery, Epilepsy, Oncology, Cardiology, history of ICU hospitalization and respiratory compromise, infections of the brain, vascular disorders, and other medical conditions that may affect brain functioning
- Responsible for assessment of neurodevelopmental conditions including, but not restricted to ADHD, Learning Disorders, Developmental Disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorders, genetic conditions, etc., as part of our neurodevelopmental program
- Familiarity with neuroimaging is preferred but not required
- The successful applicant should be comfortable collaborating with members of our neuropsychology/neurodevelopmental team, in addition to specialists from other programs within our Neuroscience division (Neurosurgery, Neurology), in addition to other Valley Children's Healthcare programs and divisions
- Clinical instruction opportunities exist
- Limited teaching and research opportunities are available with our medical residents and medical students who are affiliated with Stanford Medical Center, although this position is predominantly clinical
- PhD in Psychology from an APA accredited clinical psychology graduate program or equivalent
- APA or equivalently accredited internship with a pediatric neuropsychology focus with 2-year postdoctoral fellowship in pediatric clinical neuropsychology preferred
- Clinical experience with medical, neurodevelopmental and neuropsychiatric populations is preferred
- Eligibility to sit for ABPP, ABN in clinical neuropsychology
- Focus on pediatric clinical neuropsychology is necessary
- Five (5) years of postdoctoral experience in clinical neuropsychology with an emphasis on pediatric practice is preferred
- California license or immediate eligibility for licensure in California is required.
- Bilingual Spanish is preferred
Hours, Compensation and Benefits: This is a Full Time, Exempt level position offering a robust benefits plan and competitive salary based on experience.
About Valley Children's Hospital
Valley Children's is proud to have dedicated staff committed to the highest quality of pediatric care. From the moment you enter the doors, you will feel at home. They have a strong presence in the community and tremendous pride for the care they deliver. Many Valley Children's employees have
been with the organization for over 10 years while others more than 30 years and they continue to grow their career through supported professional growth and development.
Valley Children's main campus sits in the heart of one of the most beautiful states in the nation, just a short drive from three national parks and your choice of California coastline beaches. No matter your interest, you will have many opportunities for recreation, arts, entertainment, and more.