Neuropsychology positon at BI Lahey Health - Peabody and Lexington, MA
The Neurology Division at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (Beth Israel Lahey Health) is seeking a full- time Board Certified or Board Eligible Clinical Neuropsychologist with expertise in adult neurodiagnostics to join the expanding Neuropsychology Service and Cognitive, Memory and Behavioral Neurology program.
The Lahey Neuropsychology Service provides specialty diagnosis and treatment for outpatients with complex neurocognitive disorders in a multidisciplinary team approach. The Neuropsychologists work closely with other Neurology specialty teams including Stroke, ALS, Epilepsy, Movement Disorders and Surgical teams including Neurosurgery and Transplantation. As a tertiary care center, the Neuropsychologists also provide consultative services to other BILH sites, BILH providers and non-BILH providers across New England. We strive to ensure rapid access to a multidisciplinary assessment and treatment program for all patients and their families, and to consistently provide superb care in a collegial, collaborative and respectful environment.
The successful applicant will provide adult clinical services in BI Lahey's outpatient clinics located in Peabody and Lexington. Initial responsibilities include evaluation of adult patients with a variety of interesting and complex medical, neurological and psychiatric conditions, consultation with medical staff, and teaching of residents. Future responsibilities will include working with psychometricians and training and supervision of postdoctoral fellows. Although primarily a clinical position, scholarly and teaching activities are highly encouraged. Support for research and educational initiatives is available. Candidates will have the opportunity to have an academic title at the level of Instructor or Assistant Professor at Tufts or University of Massachusetts, commensurate with a candidate's experience and scholarship in the field.
- Full-time, salaried position within division of Neurology
- Full medical staff appointment and privileges
- Multidisciplinary, collegial team approach
- Competitive benefits and vacation package
- Weekday schedule (no call)
- Education and research opportunities
Minimum requirements for this position include:
- Clinical doctoral degree from an APA or CPA approved program
- Successful completion of a 2-year fellowship in adult and geriatric neuropsychology
- Must be licensed or license-eligible in Massachusetts
- Board certified or board eligible in Clinical Neuropsychology (must be certified within 3 years of start date)
- Experience working in a hospital setting
- Ideally this is a wonderful position for mid to late career diagnosticians; however, others will be considered depending on training, experience and clinical acumen.
- Must be passionate about patient care, with a strong commitment to teaching, innovation and team work.
In March 2019, Lahey Health merged with four other local hospital organizations (Beth Israel Deaconess Meical Center, New England Baptist, Mount Auburn and Anna Jaques) to form Beth Israel Lahey Health (BILH) making it the largest employer in Massachusetts. This health system consists of over 200 care locations including 13 hospitals with over 240 beds and 5 ambulatory surgery centers. Approximately 4,300 physicians are associated with BILH including 840 primary physicians managing 1.3 million patients. Located just north of Boston, the area provides excellent school systems, abundant cultural activities in a world class city and driving distance to the mountains and seacoast throughout New England.
Diversity is a core value at Beth Israel Lahey Health. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for our staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
Interested candidates should forward CV, cover letter and 2 anonymized reports to our team:
Richard Crosby, Senior Physician recruiter at Richard.Crosby@lahey.org, Dana Penney, Psychologist at firstname.lastname@example.org, Caitlin Macaulay, Psychologist at Caitlin.email@example.com and Oleg Yerstein, MD at firstname.lastname@example.org.